I had trouble sleeping, I used to wake up many time during the night. I started with Ambien which really helped me to relax and sleep tight. The thing is I don’t think that I can sleep right without Ambien anymore. Does it mean that I got addicted to Ambien? Can Ambien cause addiction?

Despite the beneficial effect, Ambien has the potential for addiction. During the first few days of taking Ambien, a person usually feels sleepy and uncoordinated, but as the body becomes accustomed to the effects of the drug, these feelings begin to disappear and If one uses these drugs long term, the body will develop tolerance for the drugs, and larger doses will be needed to achieve the same initial effects. Continued use can lead to ambien addiction, because all CNS depressants work by slowing the brain's activity, when an individual stops taking them, the brain's activity can rebound and race out of control, possibly leading to seizures and other harmful consequences. Ambien addiction can be treated but you need to ask proffesiobal help about it.

I have ADHD. I take 20MGXR of adderall and then took 12.5MG of Ambien XR at night time for sleep. The Ambien was very helpful but I think the combination was not beneficial for the long term. I took stock and reduced many of the stressors in my life. Then I set out to gradually reduce the ambien as I reduced the stressors. By the way...you cannot cut ambien xr. It doesn't work.

I reduced the dosage to 6.25XR. I knew I could take two if necessary. I did that for a couple of months. Then I changed to Ambien 5MG..no xr.
I did that for about two weeks. Then I tried one night to sleep without the ambien and it was successful. It has now been two weeks and I am getting a full nights sleep without ambien.

I still take the same dosage of adderall every day. The adderall is very helpful for my adhd.

I hope this is helpful. You can get off of ambien but deal with the stressors in your life as you do that.

You bet you can get addicted! I have been addicted for 2-3 years, taking it every night. I went cold turkey off of it. I have been off of it for about 5 days. I did not want to stop but the drug had other ideas. I began to have withdrawals during the day. I kept having to take more and more. Getting the prescriptions was difficult. One doctor just cut me off and turned me away. This drug is regulated. Ambien is no joke. Serious stuff.