I am 42 years old and I have to admit that I am having a serious problem with smoking. I smoke two packs a day. Couple of years ago, I had a promotion which brought me new obligations and increased the number off smoked cigarettes. Now, the job looks easy to me, but the number of cigarettes did not decrease. I have heard that Ambien might be used for smoking cessation.

Hmm, well it might be one of its effects, but I know something completely different about that drug. That it is actually used for treatment of insomnia (sleeping problems). Its mechanism is based on increasing the level of some substances in the brain that cause sleep. And it can only be used for a short while. I think that you should try with Zyban.

Well, as a quit-smoking aid, I would say it is possible. As a smoker and a long time user of Ambien CR 12.5mg I would have to say that after I have taken my pill for the night after about 30min or so if I try to smoke a cigarette it makes me very sick to my stomach. However, this is only efficitve after taking my dose. So to use it all day as a quit smoking aid, givin Ambien's primary effect I would probably say no. Unless being asleep all day/night is how you plan on quitting. just hope you arnt one of the people that sleep (insert activity here)