from one year my friend have anaplastic astocytoma grade 3,she has chemeotary 6-7 months cancer was 4 cm now is just 10% what is the future for my frined

Hi

I was diagnosed with a grade three 5 years ago and was told my prognosis was 2 years max with no chance of remission!

I had my lastest scan 2 months ago and was told that Jeramy (I name my tumour!) had gone. Im now looking at a discharge from the oncology department in Southend, with a clasification of 'cured'.

I cant say that will happen to everyone, but attitude is important. I used some creative visualisation techniques which I think help. I relaxed myself everynight by concentrating on my breathing and imagined that I was Sly kicking the c**p out of Dolf in that Rocky movie - you may laugh....

Life is 10% what happens to you & 90% how you choose to react to it!

Jim

its really good to hear your story!ive had the same for 5 years moving through from grade 2 to a grade 3 in may this year with a prognosis of 12 months max!my left arm and leg have suffered most but Iam very much in agreement with how you deal with things mentally!would be interested to know what treatment you had though?