Hi, I recently had 37cm of bowel removed due to cancer. After the operation I noticed the inability to ejeculate externaly and was told by the urologist that removal of that section of bowel also damaged/cut nerves, which was why I cannot ejeculate externally. I am know noticing that I have very little sex drive, my erections are hard to obtain and when I get them they are not hard as a rock and start to dissapear once stimulation of the penis slows or stops.
I am only 37yo and was wondering if the same nerve damage which is causing the retro grade ejeculation, is also responsible for poor erection? Also, if there is nerve damage causing my erectile disfunction, is there a cure or way around it? thanks

I am sorry that you seem to be having these sexual issues. I was told I had a very large flat polyp that had cancer. The doctor was not able to get all the polyp tissue, but felt he got all the cancer.
To be sure I was told I would need this part of my sigmoid removed. I read all the sexual side affects and almost didn't do the surgery.
I had great fear that I would have long term sexual disfuction. I discussed this with my surgeon and told him that this price to my quality of life would be just too great. He told me he would do everything he could to protect me.
I finally did have the surgery and he was able to spare me any sexual disfunction...I have hard erections, good ejaculations etc.
I think doctors can save patients these problems by learning the lastest techniques and simply taking care to be careful during the sugery.
Most men need to speak up when their sexuality is a stake.
I did have erection pain and some sexual problems immediately after the surgery. I took B-12, Folic Aid, and anything else I thought would help my body repair nerve damage. You may want to try this yourself to see if it may help you.
Now at 6 weeks, even thought my surgeon removed my sigmoid and part of my rectum...I am at least sexually function great.

My husband had a colon pre cancerous polyp removed in open surgery 2 years ago and there was complications had to have 2 emergency surgeries for small bowl obstruction was in the hospital 69 days like 3 folly catheters and then followed 2 more surgeries for scar tissue and hernia repair it’s been now a year Since them with all this no function of penis can’t get hard or ejaculate any suggestions

Hi Guest I had surgery about a almost 8 months ago and I am having the same issues. Have you guys got any help?