I have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck and a low grade fever (99.0 to 100.8) for over 2 months now. All my blood work has come back negative/perfectly healthy. I was tested for mono, lyme's west nile, RA, lupus, cat scratch - all negative. No signs of infection, inflammation, or abcess anywhere. White blood cell was fine. Sed rate, fine. CVC, fine. A CT scan did find ovarian cysts, a uterine lesion and pelvic fluid, but my gynocologist said none of these are related to my current illness. She said I probably have fibroids and endometriosis, nothing serious.

My infectious disease doctor said the pelvic fluid could cause the fever but not the swollen nodes. He said he thinks it's stress causing my symptoms!! I think he's crazy. Yes, I have had a stressful year with my husband and I both losing our jobs and we almost lost our house, but about a month before I got sick, everything had been taken care of - we both have jobs and the government saved our house. All is VERY good now, except for this illness! And I still have a fever even when I've stayed in bed for a week. That, to me, is not stress!

Other symptoms I have: severe night sweats, severe fatigue, bodyaches, chills and sweats, weight loss, nausea, loss of appetite, intermittent abdominal pain, pelvic pain and diarrhea. I also have a stiff neck, but they are not concerned about that as I have had a herniated disc for years, but the stiffness started 2 days before I got sick and has not gone away.

I really need some help here as this has ruined my life. I used to be a vibrant, busy woman who never ever sat on the couch. Now all I do is lay around all day, I can't even work (luckily my job allowed me to take medical leave). My life has completely stopped and I am desperate to get it back. Any support, ideas, comments would be greatly needed and appreciated!

Did they check you for meningitis? Has their been any new diagnosis? My daughter has similar symptoms and I am looking for any answers.

Did you ever find anything out about this? My son has had a fever for 2 months he registers between 96.5 and 101.6 and his neck hurts, we have ran all sorts of tests. Bloodwork normal besides elevated CRP and SED rates, no signs of infection.

I think you have an infection in your Breast area. You most definitely have a mild infection somewhere in you're body. Have you taken a round of antibiotics? Did it clear up the night sweats and fever for st least some of the time? Night sweats indicate your fever is breaking at night while you sleep! You have an infection somewhere in your body, either breats or vaginal area cause it's a minor infection not producing elevated white blood count. It sounds like your dr is an id**t too! Find a new one. You just need a strong antibiotic and stay on it for 10 days! Good Luck!

It sounds like you either have lymphoma (which is a type of cancer) or hyperthyroidism. You need to have the TSH for thyroid checked in your blood (simple blood test) and you need to have a lymph node biopsy to check for lymphoma. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Ive had all the same symptoms you have for many years now too .....
my back/spine pain being the worst....
but its just been the last 9 months that I've had cronic hip and pelvic pain and very painful swollen lymph nodes all over in my body....
I was told I have 5 med size fibroid uteren tumors and a large ovarian cyst.. soon to be removed with a full hysterectomy (43yrs old) .. tumors are pushing on my spine and bladder I feel 4 mths prego...
cyst hurts the most. Have you had a ultrasound????

I hope you get this message as I know your post was over a year ago.  Your symptoms are consistent with Lyme Disease and the testing is unreliable.  I would find a knowledgable doctor right away.  I was sick for almost 3 years and went to 14 doctors before I got help because I tested negative several times.  I went to a doctor who sent my bloodwork to a Lyme specialist lab called IGENEX and finally tested positive.  I was given IV antibiotics for 4 weeks followed by 9 months of oral antibiotics.  The longer you are sick the harder it is to cure. 

The Lyme bacteria (spirochetes) will get into your system and affect you in many ways.  There are also co-infections that cause various symptoms.  I would recommend

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

and check out the Lyme symptoms list under "about Lyme" then "treatment guidelines".  You can contact them and ask for a knowledgeable doctor in your area.

Good Luck and hope this helps someone!

This sound exactly like me only I have had 2 antibotics that didn't wrok. one i felt better for one day and the other 1 day. This is going on 2 months and all tests are negative. Anyone ever find out what it is???????? Help.

Go and take hiv test, your symptoms are similar to this disease...

check for tuberculosis

Do you get any answer ?

Well I too had the exact same symptoms EXACT. My primary care physician ran the same test as yours @infinitedreamer elevated White Blood cells etc. Luckily I think(HepC blood transfusion in 88) & I had cancer in 88. I have cancer again for the 3rd time. See if your Primary care doctor will refer you to a Hemotogist/Oncologist that's the only way INSURANCE will pay is with a referral. Hope that helps. Good luck. Julie Rogers