New to all of this and not even sure how I will know if anyone responds to my post.  I had a weird visual episode at work where I kept seeing my computer screen.  Knew something wasn't right and went to get help.  Had a seizure and they found a small spot on the back left part of my brain.  Wait and see, three weeks later I have a bigger spot.  About 3 weeks ago they completely removed the tumor about the size of a dime but remove area around it for about a total of a ping pong ball size area.  I am now doing 30 days of radiation and temador for at least 30 days - I have been told I will probably do more.  I have had no side effects with the chemo and so far ok with radiation - 7 days in - starting to get burn spot.  I am 51 years old, excellent health and no other issues.  So what is in store for me?  What happens next? 

I have been blessed with Anaplastic Astrocytoma and it sounds like they have you on the right road. The growth rate seems a bit higher than I would expect for AA, but if they were able to pull all of that ugly ping poing out then you are doing fantastic. I had a fist sized one (3 years ago) and they removed 80%. It was not fond of TMZ so it shrunk by half (10% remaining). With a little luck you will have similar success and it should destroy some of the star-like legs from the tumor. I assume that is why they are also using radiation since that will further inhibit the sucker. I have not tried the radiation yet and am keeping that for a day when the 10% starts growing again - which hopefully is long down the road. I go in for MRI's every other month, but I assume for the first year you will be checking monthly (as I did) - just to be sure.

Hope you have no side effects from the surgery. That is the part that has stuck with me - I have extreme exhaustion each day and headaches. But - alive and kicking so I cannot really complain.

Good luck with the radiation and chemo!

Thanks for the response. Surgery went excellent with no side affects. Handling the chemo and radiation well. Head get sore from the radiation like a bad sunburn. Plan on beating this t**d of a tumor and living a long time.