I have been diagnosed with Grade 1 Spondylolisthesis for over 3 years. I have had multiple PTs and I have been on prescription progressively more potent pain meds. (Tyl 3, Vicoden, Vicoprofen) I also wear a brace when the pain is unbearable. My doctor, who is a D.O, does not quite understand why I have such pain. I can not stand or walk for more than a few minutes at a time, and then I have to lay down. Even the process of going from sitting to standing or vice versa is excruciatingly painful. I am at my wits end and I am ready to do just about anything to relieve the pain. I am only working for a couple hours a week now too, which is very depressing, as I have been active all of my life! Has anyone else considered or actually had some type of surgery with only Grade 1? I don't know what else to do. I have ruled out gynecological causes already, and there are no other medical issues.

Just read ur story and can share with you what ur going through.i am a 45yr mother of 3 children i was in a rear end shunt car crash 18months ago and suffered such pain in my bk since i had an mri scan which showed l1 spondy ive had months of misery with it and it does control ur life most time im on heavy painkillers and even laxatives as my bowels suffer now due to the tablets i tried physio and reiki healing which relaxed me but didnt heal that   you get to a point were u just want ur life bk. I have to sit on a higher chair and you do adjust to the pain.. i.me of to see a surgeon next month and hope he can help i am a hairdresser and although my job means me standing i am comfy so long then o have to sit only so long there is no happy medium i only started driving again and struggled to drive a manual now i have to change to automatic its all about adjusting you constantly adjust and even the cold weather affects you. You cant see bk pain nobody knows i take ammytriplyne which relax me i do sleep little better  just dont like all the tablets but whatever gets you through i am going to start swimming just wking in the water hope you get yourself well take care 

I have been diagnosed 3-4 months ago, with grade 1 spondi and pars defect, I have a sitting job and having a lot of pain and stiffness in that region, I have tried physico to strenghten my glutes, still no better. I am considering giving up my job as very uncomfortable. I also have a lot of knee pain when climbing stairs etc. in a delima, what to do for the best

I am a 28 year old female who has suffered with pain from spondylolysthesis for 8 years now. My mother has the same condition but didn't discover it until her 40's. I believe my pain was brought on early because of an accident i had. I used to LIVE for horseback riding. One day I was running my horse, something happened and I fell off going full speed. I hit the ground in somewhat of a seated position and I've had unbearable back plain ever since.

My first MRI in 2006  said I hard a grade 2. However, an MRI in 2009 said it was only a grade 1. After that my doctors wanted to treat me like nothing was really wrong with me (although they didn't seem to mind pushing those useless epidural injections on me). In 2012 I had a 3rd MRI and was again told I had a grade 2, immediately I was treated different, kind of like oh ok I guess you really are in pain. Now they keep looking back at the results of the MRI that said i had a grade 1 and i feel like they dont really believe I could possibly have a grade 2.

I've tried everything they've asked me to try and nothing has helped. I REFUSE to get any more shots, they NEVER helped me. I think it's ridiculous that they push those even when they know they aren't helping you. I was even told once, "Well that's what we do here". I get it, that's how you guys get rich. I'm not sure if there are really any doctors out there who don't think you're just a "pill head" because you have REAL pain and occasionally need an increase in medication since after an extended period of time, your body becomes immune to it.

I don't really know what to do at this point, living in pain with no answer of how to fix it. I have to work on my feet 40 hours a week, I have no choice there. They keep saying I'm too young for surgery (even though they sent me to see a surgeon a couple of years ago, I guess they forgot about that) and I'm basically too young to take pain medicine that is actually strong enough to relieve my pain. I've had too sell all my horses, I've put having children on hold because I'm terrified it might make things worse, and I can't even play with my precious little nephews as much as I'd like too because I'm always in pain. I feel like I'm stuck with no options.