Hi, I am 17 years old, and I would like to know what androgenic development is. Does it have something to do with androgenic hormones? Is it characteristic only for my age?

Hi, androgen is a steroid hormone that stimulates the development and maintenance of masculine characteristics in vertebrates. It is a name for mail hormones. The best known androgen is testosterone. Androgen is also a precursor of all estrogens, the female sex hormones. So no, this hormone is not characteristic only for your age, it is part of every child, man and woman. Thing about this that is characteristic for your age, is androgen development. It begins even earlier, at the age of twelve in mail, at the time when a person becomes physically capable of producing offspring. In mails, androgen is produced by testes (reproductive organs below the penis) and by the adrenal glands (hormone-producing organs above the kidneys).