Hello. I'm 46 year old male and these last couple of months I have developed a serious problem with my body weight.
I'm eating the same thing I've eat at least for several years and that’s why all this was a bit strange to me.
That made me to contact my GP over this and he determined that there is nothing wrong with my beating habits but only with my thyroid gland.
He told me that I developed one form of thyroiditis and that I will get some hormonal therapy. The name of the drug was Corticotropin. Can anyone tell me more about this strange drug!?

Like you already said- you are aware that we are talking about hormonal therapy.
Corticotropin is nothing more than synthetic made hormone normally produced by our brain to control adrenal glands. So the main purpose of it is to stimulates adrenal cortex to produce and secrete adrenocortical hormones.
These hormones are being used to control and stimulate thyroid gland. It’s simple- isn’t it!? Like all other drugs- there are some side effects that could be caused with long term use and you probably will not use it for a big period of time!