My newborn was tested by the hospital for the typical screenings. They performed a heel stick on her. Her test results came back abnormal. The pediatrician told me that she doesn't have ANY of the physical signs of Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, and her first set of electrolyte tests came back completely normal. They sent off more blood, this time they took it from her vein. Could she have CAH?

Maybe they have done something wrong while they were testing your little girl.

My sister’s kid is suffering from congenital adrenal hyperplasia and without necessary hormones her body produces more androgen which is a type of male sex hormone. This causes appearance of male characteristics.

Currently the goal of treatment is to return her hormone levels to normal. This is done by taking a form of cortisol every day.

I hope that your child and you will avoid facing yourself with this. Errors are happening every day so it is quite possible that the doctors have made one in your case.

Let us know what is going on and the results of the second testing. Good luck with everything.