I am 50 years old women, and menopausal problems started to happen with me. I visited my doctor who recommended me Menest. He explained me it is going to help me to treat severe vasomotor symptoms I have. He told me there is no evidence that estrogens are effective for nervous symptoms or depression which occurs during menopause. My problems are different so I should use Menest, but I want to know more about it.

Menest is used to problems related to menopause, for female hypogonadism, female castration, and primary ovarian failure. Manest is an esterified estrogen is a mixture of the sodium salts of sulfate esters of estrogenic substances. They are of type excreted by pregnant mares. Estrogens such as Manest is, are important in development and maintenance of the female reproductive system and secondary sex characteristics. There is a long list of warnings for usage of Manest, so before this medicine is prescribed, there are a lot questions your doctor needs to confirm. For example, complete medical and family history should be taken prior to the initiation of any estrogen therapy. The pre-treatment and periodic physical examinations should include special reference to blood pressure, breast, abdomen, and pelvic organs. Also your doctor should include a Papanicolau smear. As a general rule, estrogen shouldn’t be prescribed for longer than 1 year without another physical examination being performed.