Good day. So, I was wondering how does hormonal acne affect women in adult age? Is that even possible? I am asking this because I always had a clean face but for the last couple of months I am keep seeking some acne and some pores wich are, btw, very huge. I am doing different treatments, mesotherapy, but it seems to me that there is no progress in my case. And I am not sure what to do anymore? I gave a lot of money for those therapies and for some creams, but nothing...So that is why I believe that this has something to do with hormonal acne... Maybe I am wrong. 

Well, I will try to explain you this way. Every dermatologist is aware of some researchers and they are finding that late-onset or adult-onset acne is becoming increasingly common in women in their 20s, 30s, 40s and even 50s.  Also, there is no just one cure, one single cure that works in all patients with acne, but in that case, dermatologists can recommend patient-specific treatment regimens to control acne and to minimize future breakouts. In that case, hormonal therapies are commonly used to treat acne safely and effectively and some experiences say that hormonal therapies are the best adult acne treatment. You need to try before you see some results that are great. 

Celebrity

Good day.  It is hard to tell how does hormonal acne affect women in adult age. But, sure that there are so many reasons why this happens. Generally, one of the first thing that are causing it are excess sebum, or oil gland, production. that is also influenced by the hormones. Another thing, skin cells that shed usually become abnormally sticky and accumulate, or even clog up, in the hair follicle, and that is also affected by hormones. The third thing is increased number of the acne-causing bacterium. That all can lead to skin inflammation. Without your dermatologist, it is silly trying any type of treatment. 

I remember that one good friend of mine asked me what is the difference between hormonal acne and another acne. Well, hormonal acne is exactly what it sounds like, they are acne tied to fluctuations in your hormones. I think that you know what this means, right? Well, although it’s typically associated with hormone fluctuations during puberty, as you can see, hormonal acne can affect adults of any age and this is very often now. It’s especially common in women especially because there is a number of factors may contribute to this, including menstruation and menopause.Generally, dermatologist says that hormones generally aren’t a factor in adult acne, but the hormonal imbalances may contribute to acne in adults with underlying medical conditions.

I have done some studies when it comes to this because some of my friends earn it when they were going through the menopause, so I was learning a lot about it. For example, I have realized that hormonal acne takes the form of blackheads, whiteheads, and small pimples that come to a head, or cysts. Well, that cysts are a problem because cyst forms deep under the skin and don’t come to a head on the surface. So, when we are talking about hormonal acne, they can be caused by so many different things. They may be caused by influxes of hormones from: menstruation, polycystic ovarian syndrome, menopause and even the increased androgen levels. 

I see. I am not going through the menopause at all. I am cleaning my face, I am washing it, I am applying some homemade masks on my face as well, but I keep thinking that I am having more acne than usual. I was doing some hormonal tests and they showed that I do have some hormonal issues, but I never believed that this can cause this problem to me. I am going to consult my dermatologist soon about this issue, hoping that he can tell me what is the best treatment in this case. I was sure that hormonal acne is just an ordinary acne issue that we are meeting with, but it seems to me that I made a mistake. Thanks for letting me know that.

Celebrity

People are not aware of one simple thing - homemade masks are good for applying them on your face, but they can help you deal with this problem. I mean, this is not a pimple that just appeared on your face, and you can put something on it and it will go away. It is a little more complex than you can expect. So, oral contraceptives specifically used for acne treatment contain ethinylestradiol plus and they are one of the most selling items ever. They have some really powerful ingredients target the hormones that can contribute to acne. I am not sure what they are right a this moment, but your doc knows for sure. 

Now as we know how do they affect ladies when they are older, it is very important to find a good treatment. Anyway, I know what I am saying because I had problems with it and I consulted my doctor about everything. He told me that I should use anti-androgen drugs because they work by decreasing the male hormone androgen. Now, you are wondering what male hormone has to do with this? Well, both men and women have natural levels of this hormone and as you already know, too much androgen, though, can contribute to acne issues by interfering with hair follicles that regulate skin cells and increasing oil production. Maybe your dermatologist can explain you better, but it helped me a lot.