Hello, there. My mother seems to have osteoarthritis in her elbow. She had two injuries of this joint in her past. I wonder if a fracture can be somehow linked to elbow osteoarthritis. I would really appreciate if someone could answer me something about this. Thanks for all your help. Bye!

Hello to you too. Of course that elbow fracture and elbow osteoarthritis can be linked. Osteoarthritis is a cartilage disease. It appears when cartilage gets worn up during the ages of use. I bet that fracture only fastens this process. Maybe your mother has some other risk factors. Women have more tendencies to osteoarthritis than men. People, who are older than 40, are also more prone. I hope your mother will be fine. Bye!

Hello, everyone. I agree with the previous post. You shouldn’t be surprised by that. My friend also got elbow osteoarthritis. She had two serious injuries of her left elbow when she was younger. Now she is 53 years old. Cartilage was pretty damaged during these fractures. It is no surprise that she caught osteoarthritis in her mature days. I hope your mother will be fine when she starts with her treatment. Good luck!