Hi, guys. My neighbor always had some irregular posture. He has been recently diagnosed with kifosis. I would like to find out something more about this condition. What are the reasons for its occurrence? Can anyone help me with this? I will really appreciate all your help with this. Thanks. Bye!

Hello to you too. Kyphosis represents forward rounding of your spine. Some degree of forward rounding is normal. However, if it is greater than 40 to 45 degrees, then it is not normal. The cases within kids have unknown cause. In adults, kyphosis can be associated with some other diseases. Those would be: osteoporosis, ankylosing spondylitis, spina bifida, degenerative arthritis, etc. I hope this helps. Good luck! Bye!

Hello, everyone. Kyphosis can have several risk factors. For instance, adolescent girl with bad posture have greater risks. Boys between 10 and 15 years of age have greater risk for Scheuermann kyphosis. As you can see in previous post, there are some diseases that increase risk of occurrence. Osteoporosis is one of them. Greater risk can also appear within people with connective tissue disorders. One of these disease is Marfan syndrome. I hope I’ve helped a little. Bye!