Hi, folks. I have been experiencing lately in my elbow. After some tests, I was diagnosed with elbow osteoarthritis. I really don’t know anything about this disease, so I will appreciate any kind of help that you can give me. I hope answering to my post won’t bother you much. Thanks!

Hello to you too. Pain in affected joint is one of the most common symptoms of osteoarthritis. This is usually what alarms a patient to visit a doctor. Maybe your disease is still in its onset. I suppose you will soon start a treatment. In the beginning, you will receive painkillers. They will reduce the pain, but they also act anti-inflammatory. It means that they reduce inflammation as well. You should discuss the details with your rheumatologist. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hi, everyone. I hope that your elbow osteoarthritis is still in its onset. You will receive some of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). In more severe cases, corticosteroids are also given. If the condition is more serious, then surgery can be recommended. It is usually joined with the loss of movements. You haven’t complained on this. You should talk about all these issues with your rheumatologist. He will provide you with additional info. I hope this helps. Good luck!