Hello, folks. I have heard about chlamydia. It seems that my girlfriend has it since she has been done some tests lately. I would like to know if this bacterium can cause sterility in women. I don’t know anything about this. I would really appreciate all your replies considering this topic. Bye!

Hi, there. Chlamydia infections belong to a group of sexually transmitted diseases. It is caused by bacterium called Chlamydia trachomatis. I think that sterility is more common for men. It can cause epididymitis. In women, it can cause pelvic inflammatory disease. It can probably cause some complications within women. You should consult an expert. I hope this will help a little. Bye!

Hello. Chlamydia is also dangerous for women. It causes pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). It can lead to ectopic pregnancy. I won’t explain here how complicated this kind of pregnancy can be. The infection can also spread to infants. There are many reasons why this infection should be treated on time. Your girlfriend should be persistent with treating it. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!

Hi, guys. I would agree with the previous posts. Chlamydia is not something you should joke with. If it is left untreated, it can leave consequences. My aunt had this type of infection. I would say that she got PID since she was hospitalized. Your girlfriend should really consult an expert. I hope she will manage. Good luck to her. Bye!