Hi, folks. My father has been diagnosed with the prostate tumor. I was reading something on the internet and I would like to know if estrogen could help here. What are its effects on this type of tumor? Maybe it is logical to use it. I will appreciate all your replies considering this. Thanks and bye!

Hello to you too. The main stimulator of prostate cancer growth is male sex hormone testosterone. Estrogen as female sex hormone is recommended in the treatment of this type of cancer. It suppresses the production of testosterone. It also has negative effect on cancer cells. However, one should be careful. Its high doses can cause side effects. Some of them are blood clotting, strokes, heart attacks, etc. Nevertheless, it is used in the treatment of early cancer or if the cancer is hormone resistant. I hope this helps. I hope your father will be all right.