Hi, I was diagnosed with early stage prostate cancer few days ago. I finally realized that I have to face it, so I would appreciate if you could give me couple of answers. How can it be treated? What are the common symptoms? What is the prognosis?

Hello, prostate cancer usually has no symptoms in the early stage. Later, if not treated, symptoms like increased urination at night, frequent urination, difficulty maintaining a steady stream of urine, painful urination, and blood in the urine can appear. Beside that, problems with ejaculation and libido can appear. It is a good thing that you discovered prostate cancer on time. It means that your prognosis is not bad at all. You have a great chance of successful recovery. There are many ways to treat prostate cancer, and you will have to decide about that with your doctor. Most common ways of treating are surgery, radiation, and hormone therapy, but there are also chemotherapy and watchful waiting. I wish you luck and quick recovery.

Hi i am a prostate cancer surviver , i as you are discovered i had the disease after 2 years of monitoring my PSA and dong biopsy.

Depending on your age and health status , if discovered early enough and the cancer is organ contained and not yet spread to other close by organs, most common treatment is removal of the prostate by surgery (either open or robotic)

these days the robotic procedure is the less invasive route many chose and faster recovery from the operation and side effects.

most common side effects that all prostate survivors face regardless of which treatment they chose is Incontinence and Erectile dysfunction (at least temporary) some side effects appear later with treatments like radiation and hormone therapy but can last forever , and with surgery and removal it is right after the treatment but can be regained soon after if the cancer is contained and your nerve bundles is spared

consulte with your Urologist and acquire more opinions , take your time it is a slow moving cancer, and most important EDUCATE yourself in every way about the disease and you will find the answers to fit your needs.

Good Luck !!!

GB :D