Hello! There have been two cases of prostate cancer in my immediate family and that has made me want to start doing something to prevent it from happening to me too. I try to lead a healthy life: I don’t drink coffee, I don’t smoke, and I try to eat only organic food… Yet, since I feel that I am at high risk of getting the prostate cancer I feel I must do something that specifically targets on preventing that disease. Is turmeric really good as they say for preventing prostate cancer?

Hello! My brother had the prostate cancer and his doctor suggested that he should take turmeric or curcumin supplements together with his hormone therapy. I am no expert, but as far as I understood curcumin slows down the rate at which hormone-responsive prostate cancer cells become resistant to hormonal therapy. You might say then that it has anti-carcinogenic properties as well as antioxidant, and it seems to me that that is what you are looking for. Do ask your doctor though if maybe he knows more on this subject.

Hi! Many scientists are nowadays involved in research of turmeric and curcumin as possible immunostimulators, antioxidants, and anti-carcinogens but also for theirs reported beneficial effects in arthritis, allergy, asthma, atherosclerosis, heart disease, Alzheimer's disease and diabetes. You can take supplements, you can drink turmeric tea or you can spice your food with curry or yellow mustard. The best way, as I have read somewhere on the internet, is to combine it with green tea. I wish you all the best!