Hi, I’m 24 years old, male. I’m sexually active, but usually don’t use condom because my girlfriend prefers using diaphragm. I think that I have developed a genital disease that affected anal area. About a week ago, I felt pain in anus for the first time and it has persisted since than. Else accompanied with pain are sores in anus that are tender and painful to touch. I avoid having sex and am worried about these sores? Which std has symptoms like these?

I had viral proctitis 8 months ago and remember that symptoms were similar to yours having now. It was caused by herpes virus type 2, which is usual causal agent of proctitis. I also had problems with urination and developed urinary retention, and 2 weeks after noticed sores I almost was impotent. I was on therapy with antiviral drugs and long after that couldn’t stop thinking about what was happening to me. So, you should make an appointment with your physician immediately. I’m not saying that you have the same disease like I had, but better check it quickly.