Couldn't find what you looking for?


Over the last few months I keep getting a really sore area on my inner labia, it can look like a sore, a cut or a blister but it is always exactly the same spot. It starts off as itchy and then gets sore. Usually triggered/made itchy by um, sex fluids not being washed away from there quick enough. I'm pretty sure it isn't herpes, I've been with the same guy now for 5 years now and he really isn't the type to cheat. This time around it looks like a herpes blister but normally it just looks like an inflamed slightly swollen area. Like I said always the exact same spot.

Anybody got any ideas what it could be? It's not in an area where hair grows also.


Hi there

Here is more info for you -

The most common causes of female genital sores are sexually transmitted infections, which can be spread through oral, vaginal, and anal sex. Examples include:

  • genital herpes
  • genital warts
  • chancroid (a bacterial disease)
  • molluscum contagiosum (viral skin infection with pearly nodules)

STIs are not always the cause of genital sores. Certain chronic skin conditions may also produce sores and symptoms such as itching, burning, and pain, such as:

  • vulvovaginitis (vulva and vaginal inflammation)
  • contact dermatitis (sensitivity to chemicals or irritants)
  • atopic dermatitis, often caused by allergies

Other causes of genital sores may include skin cancer or noncancerous cysts.  Recurrent  genital ulcers are more common in females than in males. They may arise continuously, regularly, e.g. prior to menstruation each month, or infrequently.

Although they tend to be smaller than the ulcers occurring in reactive genital ulceration, sometimes they are large and numerous.

Some cases of recurrent aphthous genital ulceration appear to be provoked by a specific infection, most often Epstein-Barr virus. Some patients later prove to have Behçet disease or Crohn disease (they have genital Crohn disease).

Diagnosis of Female Genital Sores

A physical examination can help determine the cause of female genital sores. A pelvic exam will be conducted, and you will be asked about your medical history. Your doctor may also order tests to determine the cause, such as blood work and a culture of the sore. This involves taking a swab sample from the affected area and then testing the sample for the presence of bacteria.

Once the cause has been determined, your doctor will be able to tell you what treatment measures you’ll need to help relieve the sores.

Selfcare -

Any female genital sores should be checked out by a doctor. While you’re waiting for your appointment, however, you may find some relief through a sitz bath. This helps to relieve any pain and discomfort associated with the sores. This can be done at home by filling the bathtub with warm water that goes up to your hips. You may add a mild saline solution or baking soda to the water. While you can purchase small basins for sitz baths from a drugstore, you can also use a regular bathtub.

As you can see, there are several causes for genital sores or blisters. Have a doctor examine you for correct diagnosis and treatment. Good luck



I know this post is old but hopefully you still see this lol I have this same issue. Even before I was sexually active I would get this reoccurring blister. I’ve been tested for STDs and came back clean. Also none of the guys I’ve slept with ended up getting it. Did you ever get this issue resolved?