I always use condoms when I have sex, but I hate to put condoms during oral sex. Recently I’ve been experiencing itching around my penis, it hurts me when I pee and I’ve also noticed two tiny sores on my penis. My friend tells me that it is called genital herpes and that you can get it if you have unprotected sex. I didn’t have unprotected sex apart from oral sex. Is it possible that I caught genital herpes from oral sex? Should I see a doctor about it?

It is very good that you are aware of the importance of using protection during sex. Unfortunately, receiving oral sex without a condom is also unprotected sex and it is the way you got yourself a viral infection called herpes simplex virus (HSV). You should visit a specialist and he’ll determine the type of virus you got (there are two types, one usually attacks genital area and the other attacks facial area, but they can actually infect any spot on your body, genital herpes can cause sores on your face and vice versa) via viral culture. I suppose the girl who was giving you oral sex had sores on her mouth, but you must accept the facts that condoms do not offer a 100% protection from herpes. So it is possible that your penis somehow got in touch with her buttocks or thighs (the usual places where genital herpes develops, apart from genitals) and that you infected it in this way. Again, visit a specialist, since it is the only way to be sure that what we are talking about really is herpes. These symptoms can also indicate some other sexually transmitted disease.