Hi. About two months ago my uncle has been diagnosed with some strange disease called Gillian-Bare syndrome.
I don’t know a lot about this disease but I know that it has something to do with damaged brain blood supply causing man to be paralyzed and locked to bed for months. Of course, with time- patient’s condition is getting better and
Just the other day, my uncle has moved from hospital to home care and I have spotted on him some deep wounds. They were covering his back and his legs. Nurse told us they are called bed sores and that they can't be avoided. Is this true?

Of course that this isn’t true. Bed sores can be prevented by inspecting the skin for areas of redness and frequent turning and repositioning.
Bed sores is one type of wound that can occur when a person is unconscious, unable to sense pain, or immobile and in most cases they are commonly found on the tail bone area, hips, back, elbows, heels and ankles.
They develop when blood supply to the skin is cut off for more than two to three hours.
Your uncle was immobile and that’s why he has developed this. Probably, nurses around him were to busy to turn him every couple of hours and that’s why she told you that this couldn’t be avoided.
Common treatment include the use of some antibiotics, keeping the wounds clean and removing pressure on the affected area.