I have to say that I obsessed with sexually transmitted diseases. Ever since I got sexually active I have been stressing about STD. I would like to know more about the herpes. What are the symptoms?

It is good that you are thinking about the STD and the risk that having sex brings. However, it is not good that you are obsessed with that. You just need to relax and get enough information that can be helpful. I will give you details about genital herpes and ask your doctor for additional information. Genital herpes is a contagious viral infection that it is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). There are two types of HSV. Both of them can cause the symptoms of genital herpes. HSV type 1 most commonly causes sores on the lips but it can also cause genital infections. HSV type 2 most often causes genital sores. It is important to know that it can also infect the mouth during oral-genital sex. The infection is usually by sexual contact with someone who has genital herpes but it can also be transmitted by a person who is infected with HSV but has no symptoms.