Hi! I am 68 years old woman with arthritis. I notice that I feel much pain when I worry about illness. Is there relation between anxiety and pain?

Hi! Arthritis pain and anxiety often go hand in hand. People are more sensitive to pain after their anxiety had been raised. One common fear is that the pain will only get worse vicious cycle may develop, in which higher anxiety leads to greater arthritis pain sensitivity, which leads to more anxiety, which leads to more arthritis pain, and so on. People are likely to grow increasingly frightened about their loss of control over the pain and stress. When I recognize my condition I realize that I need professional help. I have anxiety and under control, and my arthritis is much better. If anxiety seems to be getting the best of you, talk to your doctor or psychiatrist. You must learn how to control your anxiety.