Hi! For some time I have chronic heart palpations. So, I had some tests, and doctor told me that my heart is in good condition. He told me that I probably have anxiety disorder, and I need to see psychiatrist. Please tell me is there some relation between chronic palpitations and anxiety. Does anyone have chronic palpitations with anxiety? What is anxiety disorder?

Hi! Anxiety disorder is a condition characterized by extreme, chronic anxiety which disturbs mood, thought, behavior and physiological activity. The anxiety generally grows progressively worse without treatment. Chronic palpations can be caused by anxiety, especially by panic attacks. I also had big problem with palpations. When doctor determined the cause of palpations everything was much easier. I started to use medication for anxiety, and my heart palpations stopped. My advice is to see a psychiatrist.

Im 32 years old and have had palpitations for about 3 years .for the past 6 months they have been severe lasting from mornins to bedtime Ive seen a cardiologist and even got a second opinion. Doc said my heart is healthy and strong I still have a hard time believing I can live like this .Does anyone know do ii have a choise to get rid of them or learn to live with them?

I have the anxiety kind, but you didn't mention anxiety. A woman I kow had a physical kind in which the heart for some reason beats differently. As the doctor described it "imagine a battery gone wrong". Don't worry it won't kill you, but it's annoying. They identified the cause as soon small vein in the heart. She had an operation and they sort of cut it off (again, small vein, won't kill you) and they're gone ever since. This was done in Amman, Jordan, for some reason Medicine is pretty advanced here.

I get palpitations every single day and they start around 4 pm NAND go til bedtime. I do have anxiety but I even get them when I feel relaxed. I'm 35 and had a holster monitor and EKG and they were ok. I tried to eat smaller meal but that did not help. I notice that when I'm really focusing on a movie or a book I don't get them. I can't seem to figure out any pattern on what I'm doing for these to start. However I stopped eating sugar and carbs and they stopped. But that did not last too long. Love carbs.  These started exactly 1 year ago.  tried a low dose beta blocker but did not help.  Tried going on lexapfor for anxiety But didn't work.  Thought maybe it had to do with my acid reflux so started meds for that but did not work.  I may try the no carb thing again and see what happens.  I know that if I do cardio in the morning I don't get them the rest of the day.   Feels so great.