My question is I think I suffered an anxiety attack. I was under a lot of stress and was at the point where I just exploded. After it was all said and done with my chest was very tight and uncomfortable. I had sharp shooting pains through it. It felt like a thousand knifes were in my chest. Still today I find that my chest is still very tense and hurts when I breathe. Not sure if this was an anxiety attack if not what could it be and is it normal to still be so much pain? %-)

Hello
Have you spoke to your doctor about this just to make sure?
I am in pain everyday usually my chest or back or arms/neck and my doc says its all to do with anxiety it comes on even if ive not had an anxiety attack sometimes just wakes me in the night but he says that very anxious people are very tense but don't realise so the pain is just from our muscles being tense. I would contact your doctor just to make sure though
Hope you feel better soon

I have had anxiety for years. When it first started getting really bad I ended up in the ER because I was SURE I was having a heart attack. Chest completely constricted. I found out my heart was fine (I did check up with a cardiologist however) and YES. ANXIETY CAN CAUSE HORRIBLE PAIN. Some people have chest pain, some have stomach issues, and some have headaches. If you're worried about a heart issue, you could see a cardiologist - but chances are if an EKG is normal (and maybe they'll run you through a stress test on a treadmill) then your next step is doing something about the anxiety. A psychiatrist is the best way to go. Once I started on anxiety medication my chest pain completely disappeared within a couple weeks and I rarely ever get anxious enough to have it anymore. I wish you the best - it can be frustrating to try and figure out how to control this!