Just curious how you choose the wine you drink?

What kind?

I can do most reds, but i love the whites. Right now, Gewurztraminer is my fave.

I let the experts choose... whether those with whom I'm dining, the waiter/ress or the state store guy (in glorious PA all wine & spirits are sold by stores owned by the state). I am not a wine expert but I know that I like dry, not sweet, wines. Now if it were bourbon... mmm, I'm still not an expert but I at least know a couple that I like.

Are reds heavier than the whites?

I prefer white's. I don't know much about wine's. I usually get a recommendation from the server.

Well, it's like you go into the store and can be faced with a sea of wines to select from. I guess you get wine by recommendation or trial and error??

:shrug:

Well, it's like you go into the store and can be faced with a sea of wines to select from. I guess you get wine by recommendation or trial and error?? :shrug:
Wine for Dummies. Seriously. My BIL is a huge wine guy and he says it's the best guide there is for the person who wants to know enough to always make a good choice.

If I have tried a wine when we have been out, I will usually stick to that brand. Bolla Chianti has been my wine choice of late.

I'll have to look for it at B& N sometime. That sounds like a good idea anyway.

I drink what tastes good to me. Mostly local blush wines like Chadds Ford Sunset Blush or even Le Goat Blush from NY.

I'm not a wine snob...as long as it was not distilled thru an old car radiator, I'll try it. :twisted:

I really like a good Reisling.

I really like a good Reisling.
Yea, Chadds Ford makes a good Reisling. A sweet desert wine for the most part, but very nice any time...other than breakfast.. :P

I'd never even considered wine for breakfast! Now though.... ;)

Ever hear of Barton & Guestier??

Whatever box is on sale at the grocery store.