Up until now, I can drink any kind of alcohol, whether that be a liquor, beer, spirit, etc. And I will not experiance any kind of pain before or after.

BUT.. If I am to drink white wine, or champagne, im fine, but if I am to eat say 1 hour after drinking it, my teeth have such extreme pain, it feels like nerves are being pinched, and this is only when I eat afterwards, And only with White wine.

I have searched this forum, and the whole web without any success, if anyone out there has had this exact experiance or has a solution, please post.

Thanks, ...I miss my champagne :?

i also have this problem. It is only ever after drinking wine. I can drink fruit juices and other alcohol and have no pain but after drinking wine it hurts to eat and brush my teeth for at least a week.

there are only two solutions i'm afraid
1 - use sensodyne and hope it helps
2 - give up wine!

i wish there were better solutions

when i been drinking i all ways wake up in the night worrieing what i might have done or talked about and the worrie dose not go in till i see the peopel i have been drinking with why! and can you help.

Not many forums devoted to this subject exist on the internet. My teeth hurt also during toothbrushing and sweets-eating for up to an entire week after drinking one glass of white wine.

red wine consumption, however, does not produce the same painful effect on my teeth and gums. (nor does beer or liquor) Admittedly, my front gums are receding from brushing too hard. (heed your dentist: use Ensonic!)

I've read that red wines contain a higher sugar content than white wines; this would seem to negate the sugary association. Further searches on here reveal that white wine - both dry and sweet - tend to have a higher acidic content than their red counterparts (some combination of tartaric, citric and malic acids.)

I agree with the proposed solutions - avoid drinking white wine and try using Sensodyne brand toothpaste (the same thing my dentist said.)

my teeth pain me terribly after i drink moet champagne

nothing else gives me this sensitivity and it seems to last for days

especially when i'm brushing my teeth, it just feels like i'm irritating the heck out of my nerves

totally annoying lol ;/

I also developed this problem about two years ago. It took me a while to figure out the connection that it was after I drank wine. I don't drink stronger stuff or beer.

After suffering from resorption in my front tooth (like a cavity) and a major root canal three years ago, about an hour after having a glass of red OR white wine, I get a nagging pain in that front tooth that lasts for several hours. I generally take a couple of Advil to mitigate the pain.

My dentist says it isn't possible since the tooth is dead, even though I have complained to him about it several times now. Also to the endodontist who did the root canal.

It's extremely frustrating. Like others posted here, I don't drink often, but do enjoy a nice glass of wine now and then. Shouldn't have to give it up - and it would not help to drink through a straw since this happens about an hour after I drink.

I have the same exact problem. My dentist told me to drink a lot of water before going to sleep as he thought it might have something to do with dehydration (strange that it doesn't happen with beer/vodka, but anyway). The last few times I drank a lot of water, i didn't have the sharp pain. Try it out.

I had a margarita a few days ago (4 or 5 to be exact) and my teeth are still in pain, I hope there's nothing wrong with my teeth.

I got the exact same problem! It's so annoying.
After I drink wine or champagne, especially champagne, my teeth hurt so bad when I eat. I can't eat anything but soup 3-4 days after :-(

Funny too find this post and see other people with the same problem.

I wonder if rinsing your mouth out with baking soda and water immediately afterward, to neutralize the acids, would prevent the after pain. Minimize the time the acids get to eat away at your teeth.

I have the very same problem, have had off and on for 3 years in left lower molar area leading to 3!!! root canals on two molars and subsequent extraction of both molars as pain has continued. Was told the same by dentist and endodontist that the tooth is dead and therefore cant be causing the pain. Have had great relief of pain since molars removed but of course now have to have implant in lower left area so i have some chewing capacity on that side. And still occasionally have pain in that same area of extraction after drinking cold white wine? It is so weird and i definitely am not telling my dentist that because he will think i am nuts. Frustrated with the whole painful, expensive experience and I feel a little better to know that other people are experiencing this too.

SAAAAAME here! Only white wine causes this horrible pain. I rinse with baking soda at the end of each day! but to no avail. this seems to have no pain-preventing effect after drinking white wine..I wonder how strong is the acid in the white wine..? Well, no more white wine I guess, vodka here I come :-)

heehee - vodka here I come - good one

i also have this problem. anytime i drink alcohol, usually vodka, the next day my teeth are really painful and i can't chew on anything so i have to eat soup ect. i don't know what to do to stop it hurting.

I have this problem as well, but I don't drink wine. It seems to happen after drinking mixed drinks, which can be really sweet. It probably has to do with the high sugar content I would guess. I was drinking margaritas and rum island iced tea last night, and when I brushed my teeth before going to bed, the tops of my bottom molars on the left side of my mouth were hurting.