Hi I have been prescribed with codeine for my back problems. I had severe pains in my lower spine. They have said that it is not necessary to perform operation. So I got my painkiller. It is codeine. But I dont take it orally I like to snort it. Does anybody else snort codeine?

Hi man it is not such a bad idea. But there is some problem. I think that it has to go to the liver to be broken. I have tried it because I had trouble digesting it but I didnt feel any effects at all. Maybe it doesnt affect me as it should. But I think that it is not so dangerous and it can be fun to break the monotony of taking medicines.

I actually started out snorting coke when i was twenty, and found i could take it or leave it. At least way more easier than snorting codiene. I am now thirty-nine and went from coke to tec 3s, they caused my sinus's and throat to be so severly infected and bleeding ulcered that i had to be hospitalized. It wasn't pretty. Now six months later i am addicted to snorting accetominophine (who could get addicted to those?)with codeine and caffeine and again infection and ulcered, only difference this time? the Doc says i could lose the part where my nose is.

what tha hell is wrong with you people? who snorts codiene. i mean take tha damn pill or if ya wanna be really crazy bit it into three's before you take it.

Why bite the medication into "three's?"

haha, yeah snorting codeine is not bad for you but it's time consuming and it takes longer to reach your liver and i'm pretty sure your buzz isn't as strong... recreation use of codeine. just swallow it. if you wanna snort something to get "high" track down some ritalin (ADHD medacine, stimulant). that's always fun and you're not running much of risk there. it's groovy, i'm a full fledged ritalin addict.... it's not very hardcore but it gets me through the day. it's like six expressos for the cost of a dry mouth.

your all f*****g wrong... i snort oxy's and perks sometimes to even though it has to reach the liver to turn to morphine it will still hit you faster and arder but it will not last as long. if you havent tried it dont make up some random answer that is no help to anyone... it does work and it hits you harder faster but for a shorter period of time !!!experianced

i have been snorting up to 6 30mg codeine  a night for the last week.  no negative side effects apart from the occasional sneeze..

i have found the effect stronger and faster acting than orally taking the pills. however it does not last as long.

in the past i have had stomach cramps as a result of orally taking codeine. no such cramps when snorted.

i hear u on this one. Have been snorting my ritalin for yrs. Coke is better taste and high but gave that sh*t up. At least with the ritalin im not jonesing B-A-D for it. i get 60 pills once a month, i have fun for a few days, feel like a train wreck for about 2 more days and then life goes on for another month haha

went through all the same........same age too........

should be closed due to false information

good for you. do more of it so you end up with a toe tag and get off of our tax payers support system

I just want 2 know how safe it is to snort dihydracodeine and how much and how often its for pain relief not fun

f**k you all snorting is fun once in awhile f*****g penises.

There is probably no point to snorting codeine.

Codeine needs to be metabolized in order for it to be active. Snorting it might even reduce how effective it is.

Before snorting any drug, you should probably try finding out about how it is metabolized and its mechanism of action.