Hello, I have problems with my back. This is a result of my constant exercises, I dead lifted a lot of weight and since that (seven months ago) I feel pain in the back area. I tried several types of analgesics, but they did not help me much. I have heard that codeine should be helpful, I hope that effect of that drug will not be short expiring.

Codeine can help you with subduing the pain, but it is very serious medication. It is a derivate of morphine, so there is a possibility of getting addicted to it (if used for a long time with high doses). That will only worsen your condition. Perhaps you can try with some other medication or at least see what a doctor says for your choices.

ginni wrote:

Codeine is a product of opium not Morphine.