Good evening, folks. I was on my routine check up and my blood analysis showed that I had a high blood cholesterol levels. My doctor suggested dieting for the beginning. I wonder if anyone managed to lower their bad cholesterol with just dieting. What are your experiences? Thank you for replying.

Hi, there. If your cholesterol is not so high, then you can expect some results. I had cholesterol just over 8 and I managed to lower it only with dieting. However, you cannot expect immediate results. It must pass for about 6 weeks. If then there is no improvement, then your doctor might introduce some medications that lower blood cholesterol levels. It is important that you follow up the entire diet suggestions. Don't change it on your own. I hope you will be better. Please, let me know the results of the diet. Bye!

I went on a very restirctive diet given my cholesterol concerns as well as some other related issues I was having. I agree that it takes some time to see results. Took me about 8-10 weeks before it even budged, but you have to stick with it. Best of Luck!