I just ordered some of their house brand stuff for colder weather. They talked me into joining their vip thing. Anyone have experience with this? They said they will charge 39 bucks annually, but I plan on cancelling it before the time comes.

You might want to check your credit card. You've probably been charged for the first year already.

yeah they said 29.99 for the first year, and the shipping was alot for whatever reason. I just wanna know if the company sucks or not. I guess I should have posted before ordering.

If you plan on order over 300.00 bucks worth of stuff in a year, then its a good deal, otherwise, cancel it

I always like RRS, good prices, fast shipping, good selection of quality stuff

I used to order from Road Runner Sports before they hit the big time. And I had a VIP account the first year they offered it. They used to have some really nice bargains on shoes. But I think in the past two years I've only ordered one item from them. And that was out of appreciation for them furnishing pace leaders at the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon last year.

As for the VIP, it does get your shoes and items to you a little faster. You have more time to determine if the shoe(s) is satisfactory or not. It can pay for itself if you only order a few times a year. It's not a bad deal but if you only order a couple of items each, then it probably isn't really worth the price.

:1:

I've only dealt with them a couple of times and have been satisified.

i ordered alot of shoes thru RRS and joined their VIP thing and i believed it did save me money, but they kept screwing up the date of renewal and charging me every 6 months instead of every year :x cuz they claimed i had two "customer numbers" whatever. i cancelled it simply cuz i got sick of their screw ups on my visa.

i also noticed that when i called to order shoes, they'd attempt to cross sell me anything and everything in their catalog...sox, underwear, gloves, hats, it got really annoying. SHUT UP! i don't want anything else!! :x

i do think they have the best selection of shoes. i haven't figured out what i'm gonna do when i want to reorder my favorite NBs.

cool thanks guys!

Their shipping costs started to irritate the cr@p out of me. I ordered some socks (I think 6 pair of so) along with shoes and the shipping was over $30....I found that ridiculous and now order with holabirdsports. They never have sales at holabird but their prices "still" seem lower and one cost shipping of $4.95 no matter how many shoes they deliver.

I've liked them. Doesn't the membership thingy give you free shipping on returns?

I seem to remember that, but it could have been someplce else.

I have started buying my shoes on ebay and it is A LOT cheaper.