i have been wearing custom orthotics for 18 months and i think they've about had it...i remember the chiropractor telling me they'd last longer than 2 years but they're showing some wear and tear and i'm having an ongoing lower back issue.

if you're wearing a customer orthotic, how long should they last? these things were $310 8O insurance paid a portion of that.

when i called about reordering them, they (the chiropractor) said there'd be no price break on a reorder. :x

i've liked running with them but am disappointed that they didn't last longer. lower back pain is really rare for me, is it a sign of worn out shoes for anyone??

new shoes or new orthotics or both??? 8O

Knee pain and some lower back pain develop for me when my shoes have lost their bounce.

Hmmm, the only time I get lower back pain is either the transition from treadmill to road or increasing my mileage. I do wear custom orthotics though and I got mine from the physical therapist. I've had mine about a year. When I got mine though I was able to order 2 pair, andpay just cost for the second. They billed my insurance nearly $300 for the first pair, I paid about $100 for the second. 8O

Did the chiropractor say 2 years under normal wear and tear or 2 years of you running in them at your mileage? :shrug:

I'd try new shoes first. My orthorics proabably have >2000 miles on them and they still look great. They're rock hard though. I imagine someday I'll have to have the liner part replaced, but the part that provides support should last forever.