Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the Thyroid (dessicated thyroid) medication I got from Canada verses Armour Thyroid (dessicated thyroid) from the USA?
Due to the shortage of Armour Thyroid I ordered Thyroid medication from Canada and though the pharmacist said it was the same it looks different and I feel alittle different since I've been taking them. Does anyone know if one has different ingredients than the other?
Just wondering if it is all in my head or there is a difference.
Thanks in advance.

My wife has taken Armour Thyroid for several years now. It was very disconcerting that at times it is very difficult to find in the USA. Then our D.O. suggested trying a Canadian company (Universal.) Their pills seem fresher and much more consistent in quality than USA sources. (If you get bulk or over $100, shipping is free and it lasts her about6 months. She freezes hers and that really helps preserve the quality even though the bottle says it's not necessary... but makes sense if it's biologically derived material.) Sorry I don't know if it has any chemical difference but it is basically dessicated thyroid.)

Hello, I have been on armor now for a year and I seem to be doing well, until recently. When I picked up my prescription, the single lined "A" now had a dolled line a with the letters TD under the A. I asked and was told by the pharmacists that Forest pharmaceuticals bought out Armor. Then I asked what were the concentrations. They were for T3 Levothtonine 4.5 and T4 levthyroxine 19 mcg. After taking these pills for 2 weeks I'm feeling depressed and want to sleep all day, the left side of my body has muscle stiffness. I have head aches and I feel a tingling numbness on my left side of face. Can someone help me? Has Forest Phar changed From natural to synthetic ?

Kari B you say that you feel different after taking the armor from Canada, are you feeling better? Could you tell me what exactually are you feeling.

Cotto

I switched to Canadian Thyroid when Armour became hard to obtain. Now that I think about it, I actually stopped using Armour when they changed their formulation because my hypothyroid symptoms returned (tired!, moody, lathargic). After a couple years of feeling excellent on the Canadian Thyroid I tried Armour again (since its faster for me to obtain than shipment from Canada). Same thing. Within just a few days, I'm super tired (2 naps today after a 9 hour night last night) and am not interested in doing anything - just blah and moody. I wont do Armour again! Also, Universal pharmacy has been awesome, super on top of refills with good customer service!