How long should they last before I need to replace them?

The one's I had were only on for six months or so. The furthest I walk in them is about 10-15 feet after I put them on until I hop on the bike.

I use Forte pedals with an SPD clip.

I had an extra set, so I replaced both.

I was expecting to get more life out of them.

Thoughts/Comments?

What makes you think they're worn out?

The set on my left side were cracked, and were worn down so much that it was hard to clip in

I go thru a ton of cleats. I have a white Sharpie amrker that Imark the cleatposition with and then replace it.

I pull hard on my shoes and if my cleat is worn, I could slip out odf the pedal and swerve into traffic, or of the road.

If the cleat shows wears, replace it. If it is hard to clip in or clip out, it is time to change them.

BTW, I use LOOK and they are a plastic compound that wears easily. The replacements appear to be made a little better. I guess they got enough complaints.

Sheldon

BTW, I use LOOK and they are a plastic compound that wears easily. The replacements appear to be made a little better. I guess they got enough complaints. Sheldon
I'm noticing! 8O You'd think I'd had these for 100 years after this weekend (granted, I was walking around a lot in them ) The entire front end of my cleats is sheared off....Clipping isn't an issue (yet) but I think I'm going to order replacements just in case. I hope you're right about the replacements, most of the walking I was doing couldn't necessarily be prevented nor was there time to put cleat covers on/off. My old small metal SPDs held up to all the walking great. The only thing is I was wearing the screws down, but otherwise they were fine.

I have Kool Kovers for the LOOK; but, now that I have the Keo pedal/cleats the covers don't fit.

I am like Sheldon and have the Look and change them out at minimum annually more like every 9 months, they seem to wear down and then I dont have the tight connection with the pedal and the bike that I like, I also have it down to science changing them out with the marking of the old cleat and then just positioning the new one in place.

Replace 'em BEFORE they get you hurt. They are about 16 bucks on Performance and really easy to change. No sence in waiting for an accident before you make your ride safe.
Walking is the worst thing for the things. Since my transitions are really slow I have been doing half hour transition practices and they require a lot of running in my shoes. (No, I don't clip my shoes to the bike. I use road shoes with a clip instead of velcro and it is hard to do with one hand.)
Anyway, I wear my cleats down pretty quick.
I just ordered 2 new sets so I shall see if they are any better pretty soon.
Sheldon