Not sure why this never occurred to me before, but I stumbled on to a few sources for inexpensive, name brand CoolMax (or whatever proprietary name they give it) stuff. Check out places like Marshalls, T.J. Max or Ross stores.

I was able to get two Nike CoolMax short sleeve shirts for $12/each and a pair of Fila CoolMax shorts for $10. All of them in the most eye-catching yellow colors!

There were some other more subdued colors there too for those that don't like to look like a running banana.

Hey John yellow shorts rock They make it easier for RR'rs to find you in a large crowd.

Whoa! That's awesome. Down here in Canada, it's so hard to find Coolmax run gear that is actually 'cheap'. Some of the cheapest synthetics I ever got was a technical Hind long sleeve running shirt for $30 (original price was $60) during Boxing Day and it was a worthwhile buy. Too bad I don't like yellow though....

penis's clearance rack is a bargain bin! Especially for the guys; that's why I have several men's Coolmax singlets I purchased for $3 or $4 apiece. Bright orange and lime green are my current bargains, but they do have "normal"-colored stuff.

Modell's also has good prices, but you have to go through the stuff and deal with their ... clientele to find the Coolmax.

And don't forget The Home of The Excellent Hideous Outfit, STP!

On the way home from Madison, the family and I stopped at a outlet mall and I got a nice pair of Reebok running shorts for $14. Should have maybe bought a couple of pairs.

Humongus :1: for the clearance rack at penis's though I haven't gone over the men's rack.

Modell's has some good deals too. I recently picked up a pair of Bike shorts for 14.99

heck yeah!! all of my running gear (minus my shoes) has come from marshalls, tj maxx, and ross. its even better when the stuff is on clearance. i just bought a new singlet for 5 bucks! :D

All the best running clothes come from a thrift store ...or junkyard.
Though sometimes they smell like grandma.... :?

I found some nice tops at Target of all places! Can't remember if they were "Coolmax" exactly or not, but they did feature wicking.

thrift store??!! 8O i think thats kinda gross... you have no idea who sweated or what else they did in those clothes. im am the queen of thrift store finds, but i steer clear of the exercise clothes.

Crazyfrog it's an inside joke here--he was quoting from this-->

Sierra Trading Post and REI Outlet are primarily where I get all of my running clothes. I usually can find sportbras between 9 and 18 dollars and wicking shorts for as low as 7.50...usually Hind brand. Polo Sport, while still expensive, I usually can find for 60 to 70 percent off through Sierra...don't have a lot of that brand, like 2 items, but they're nice to run in. really nice.

Shelly

I'm always hunting for bargains for singlets....I happen to lose my shirt with every marathon and sometimes 10Ks :|