I would like to boost up my training and get better results. I heard of creatine. It seems like a good supplement to me. It is not illegal so we can use it. Is creatine a good supplement for swimmers? Is anyone taking creatine? If so I would appreciate if he could share his experiences with us.

Creatine has become very popular among athletes. It is usually taken by bodybuilding athletes who wish to gain muscle mass. Marginal increase of athletic performance was noticed in high intensity anaerobic repetitive cycling sprints. However, such studies done on swimmers and runners did not produce significant results. Although creatine can increase power during anaerobic exercise it has no significant effect on aerobic endurance. Creatine is not banned by the majority of sport-governing bodies. Although college players are allowed to use creatine independently colleges in USA cannot provide creatine supplements to their players. In some countries, such as France, creatine is banned.

Creatine has been shown to increase the body's ability to produce energy quickly. By having more energy, you can train harder and more often, getting of course faster results.

Studies have shown that creatine was the most effective in high-intensity training and explosive activities such as weight training and sports that require short bursts of effort, such as sprinting, football, and baseball.

There is less evidence for creatine's benefits in improving endurance performance and aerobic-type exercise.