I have never worked out in my life but I would like to start. I'm a 19 year old female, 5'5 130lbs. I recently gained weight because I've been doing nothing but eating fast food. I'm not fat but my stomach isn't toned, so it jiggles. I have thick thighs and a big bum, but nothing is toned it's all jiggly fat. I would like to know how do I make my stomach flat, and how do I tone my butt and thighs?

The easiest way is to join a fitness center near where you live. Membership comes in monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, yearly, or lifetime. The monthly membership may be the best for you, just in case you are not satisfied with that particular fitness center. Some fitness center offers personal training as part of the membership package, others charge you an hourly fee for their service. On your first day, dress appropriately and bring a padlock and a towel with you. Ask the desk person to introduce you to all the machines at the center. They should show you how to work the machines free of charge as a courtesy to you. Warm up for 5 to 10 minutes on an exercise bike or treadmill. Stretch if you like. Then start with the lowest weight on each station and gradually work you way up. You can learn a lot by watching other people do it. After your workout, cool down by doing 5 to 10 minutes of aerobics. This is just to give you some idea. You can do whatever is best for you.

"Health is Wealth" as our ancestors said health gives wealth.. now a days almost all are trying to maintain their health by doing excercizes and running ect. it s a great change...
============================================

Also there is no way to target specific parts of your body. You can meet your goals without spending loads on a trainer and a gym. you do not need weights. Just Watch your diet. Start to run every other day. Do crunches squats. You can do the squats with no weight or you can get some dumbells and hold them to your side when you do it. You are not looking for muscle so dont lift heavy. If you cannot complete 12-18 repititions for every exercise and at least 3 sets it is too heavy. Her is a list of what you at your weight should strive for consuming a day.
Your bodyweight is 155 pounds.

Make your intake a 40 / 40 / 20 split. This means that 40 percent carbohydrates 40 percent protein sources and the rest from fat
* 40 percent Carb / 1550 = 620 calories
* 40 percent PRO / 1550 = 620 calories
* 20 percent FAT / 1550 = 310 calories

And there are four calories per gram of carbs and protein, and nine calories per gram of FAT!

Hope this helped!

Also i forgot to add that when you run try to plan it so you run, then exercise after and eat before and after exercise around 30 grams of protien and 50 grams of carbs even if you are trying to loose weight. Look up the krebs cycle for why

I think Bonita is trying to lose subcutaneous fat around her midsection, butt and thighs. At 5-5, 130 lb, she is not considered overweight. However, she apparently has a high body fat composition -the skinny fat type. In order to lose her loose skin and to look toned, she needs to weight train and to go on a low carb diet. This will help her gain lean muscle mass. Muscle tissues are much more metabolically active than fat tissues, and the increase in lean muscle would help her burn more calories even when she is not working out. You said it is not necessary for her to lift weights. I totally disagree.

I must agree, lean muscle burns off calories even when not in active use, far more efficiently.
Also, you can target areas of the body for training, specific muscles, no, but the areas such as most of the arm and part of the pectoral when curling a dumbbell which more or less worked and developed, although depending on how it is curled will depend on how much intensity is placed on certain muscles such as the biceps and triceps.

Aerobic (jogging, swimming etc) and anaerobic (weight training) exercise are good for a balanced and healthy body

hoseclamps wrote:

rvds619 wrote:

Listen i am a personal trainer and lifting weights will just make her bulky and gain muscle mass. I agree having more lean muscle burns more fat it is proven. But you do not need to gain muscle with weights to be healthy especially at her size. Body weight exercises will do all you need if you add weights you will just get bulky and bloated. If she lifts it will hurt more then it helps. Lift under 10lbs total on any exercise you must lift on.

Oh aslo low carb diets are the worst for you. Dr. Adkins was a d****t carbs are the only thing that helps you sustain good weight. Excess carbs bad, no carbs means for every 10lbs lost 6-9 is muscle... ANd weight training and low carbs is even worse. You cannot sustain muscle on low carbs. If you weight train you must exceed your normal carb intake or risk over training and illnesses.

rvds619 wrote:

hoseclamps wrote:

rvds619 wrote:

It is practically impossible for a normal woman to get too muscular and bulky because of her hormonal makeup -estrogen, which causes fat deposition at specific areas on her body. Professional female bodybuilders often have to resort to steroids and testosterone in addition to working out hard to bring her body fat down to well less than 10%. This is not what I am talking about here. A 5, 8 or 10-lb dumbbell does have its place in a gym. I would recommend them for the very young (under adult supervision), the very old and feeble, and patients undergoing physical rehabs. As for a healthy 19 year old who weighs 130 lb, I think the grocery bags that she carries from the supermarket to her car, and the bucket of water that she hauls around her house during cleaning weight a lot more than that. I have seen women at my gym doing 40lb or more overhead presses, 50lb barbell curls, and 225lb squats. They all look slim, fit and well-toned. If you have seen the fitness USA contests, you know what I am talking about. The 10lb limit that you put on a woman is blatantly sexist.

Yeah and those women are genetically disposed to not get that much muscle. Don't tell me what is right i know and deal with this daily and guarantee results all the time and get them. Gyms and expensive weight systems for general fitness is just a waste of money and not necessary at all unless you wanna brag about going to a gym and what equipment you know how to use. But fact is that majority of the population just needs a good diet plan and general regular exercise. Nothing with weights beyond body weight. If you absolutely need weight training then go ahead and try but it is a waste of money if your body is lime most other peoples. And my comment on the weight is not meant to be sexist but i am sure when she needs to lift heavy she can but you don't need to be doing heavy curls and squats and bench to be in shape. She is not training to fight i am sure nor run a marathon. She just wants to loose a little jiggle and what you are suggesting is just an excessive waste of time money and dedication that could be spent on a proper meal plan and a good education on the sport of physical fitness.

How on earth do ice skaters spin so fast? The Spinning Swings physics activity will reveal all, with the help of your nearest playground swing set.
This outdoor physics activity teaches about centrifugal force. When a spinning object is compact, it spins incredibly fast. When the object is not compact, the centrifugal force is reduced and the object slows down.
---------
smithsan

**edited by moderator**