I have heard that creatine can majorly enhance an athletes performance. My question is about the safety of this supplement. I am 15 and i have heard of creatine causing kidney problems. Is this true and can it cause any other problems. Also would u recommend me using it.

hi there i am personal trainer in fitness and would advice you not to take creatine as it can cause liver damage and you body all ready produces it.creatine is taken by sports men and women for endurance in exercise and lifting weights.hope this answers you question

Hi huntinfool766,

Since mark20062006 has already answered your question there is no point in repeating his words. I would just like to add few more facts and not to forget I completely agree with him, you shouldn’t take creatine.  It is scientifically proven that using creatine can increase maximum power and performance during the workouts such as running, cycling and weight lifting. Also this is not considered as doping so athletes can use it during competitions.

As far as now studies are claiming that short-term using of creatine supplementation if you are healthy is safe but if you have suspicion that you are not totally healthy you should avoid it and have in mind that creatine can cause renal dysfunction.