I have heard my friend said that creatine is marketed as nature's muscle builder. He also said that is the most legitimate sports supplement around. Now I want to hear more about this creatine supplement, because I am interested into muscles building. Can you tell me could it really help and are there some adverse reactions. I would not use it if this were going to harm my body more then help me build my muscles.

Professional and amateur athletes alike are gobbling up this alleged ergogenic aid. They are hoping to increase their strength and performance. This is because creatine supplementation is claimed to increase muscle power by playing a role in the transfer of energy. Some people claim that is improving muscle contracts during activities. Supplement labels state that creatine is converted to phosphocreatine, which is important for short energy bursts such as sprinting and weight lifting. They also claim that depletion of phosphocreatine can result in muscle fatigue and fading muscle power. Claims are also made that creatine supplementation increases muscle body mass, as your friend has heard somewhere. However, you must know creatine supplementation often causes weight gain that can be mistaken for increase in muscle mass. Increasing intracellular creatine may cause an osmotic influx of water into the cell. It is possible that the weight gained is water retention and not increased muscle as many people hope. The retention of water may be connected to reports of muscle cramps, dehydration, and heat intolerance when taking creatine supplements, so I would not recommend you to take it.