I started working out 4 months ago and even though I heard about keratins before, people at the gym talk about it all the time, especially those well built guys. Is this keratin used to build muscles or what? Who can use this? I am very slim, and I wouldn’t mind putting on a little bit of weight and muscles.

Creatine is an amino acid which is made in the body by the liver and kidneys, and is derived from the diet through meat and animal products. It is approved by the FDA. In our bodies creatine is changed into a molecule called "phosphocreatine" which serves as a storage reservoir for quick energy. Phosphocreatine is especially important in tissues such as the voluntary muscles and the nervous system which periodically require large amounts of energy. Athletes use it to increase their performance in activities that require quick bursts of energy and to recover faster after expending bursts of energy. In bodybuilding, people use it as a supplement to gain muscle mass. In order to gain weight you need to eat more than you are wasting, and than turn it into muscles.