Hi, folks. My brother suffers from cardiomyopathy for several years. He has been recently discovered angina pectoris. I would really like to know if these two conditions are related. I would really appreciate it if someone could reply me to this. Thank you in advance for all your replies. Bye, guys.

Hello. Cardiomyopathy represents dysfunction of myocardium. The most common type is hypertrophic one. Since the heart muscle is enlarged, there is not enough blood to supply it with oxygen. That is when the chest pain appears. These chest pains are similar to angina. Perhaps, there are some changes in coronary arteries, but I am not sure. You can check up with your doctor. I hope I have helped. Good luck!

HELLO.MY CHILD IS TWO YEARS OLD.AND DOCTORS CANNOT TELL US REALLY DIAGNOSE,HE HAS CARDIOMIPOATHY OR MYOCARDIUM.HE SAYS THAT HE DEASES OF THE THROAT.YOU SAY THAT CHEST PAINS ARE SIMILIAR TO ANGINA,IS IT CHANCE THAT IT MAY BE CARDIOMYOPATHY?