Hello, good people. My grandfather has been drinking a lot of alcohol ever since I know him. He was diagnosed angina pectoris several months ago. I would really like to know if drinking a lot of alcohol on regular basis can cause angina. What do you think? Thank you in advance. Bye!

Hi, there. Moderate alcohol consuming decreases risk for angina pectoris. At least, researches show this. However, drinking a lot of alcohol on regular basis can cause this heart problem. I know a neighbor who had angina and was a chronic alcoholic. Even if one has stable angina, alcohol can provoke a heart attack. I think your grandfather should be careful if he wants to live long enough. Try with treating him from alcoholism. I hope this will help. Bye!

Hello there wright,

First of all you and your family will have to find some way to help your grandfather with his drinking problem. If you are aware of his problem than the rest of the family is as well and since now he is diagnosed with angina pectoris he really needs to stop with drinking.

Excessive drinking can cause various problems to his health condition and he must be aware of that fact. If he doesn’t want to stop by himself than try to convince your family doctor to do something about this. After all his life could be endangered if he continues to drink with heart condition. I hope that you will find some solution. Keep us posted and good luck.