Hello, folks. I am diagnosed angina pectoris. I had some chest pain and I was afraid I was having a heart attack, but doctors found angina instead. I am wondering how long I will have to be monitored after this. I must go to the doctor regularly, take medications, make ECG, etc. How long will this last? Thanks.

Hi. Angina pectoris is a serious disease. In this disease, coronary arteries that lead blood to the myocardium are not capable for doing that. Myocardium suffers from the lack of oxygen. As a result there is a chest pain. Angina itself does not mean that you have a heart attack. However, this means that you have a higher risk for heart attack. This means you will have to take your medications regularly till the rest of your life. And you will have to visit your doctor for periodical checkups. I hope you will be all right. Bye!