Hi, guys. My mother in law was diagnosed “stable” angina. I hear that there is “unstable” angina as well. I would really like to know what the difference is between these two types. I hope someone will know how to answer me this. Thanks to all who reply to my post.

Hello, there. Yes, there is a difference between stable and unstable angina pectoris. Stable is caused by an obstruction in coronary arteries. This obstruction is caused by arteriosclerosis. This type is predictable. It appears on a certain effort like climbing the stairs or similar physical activity. It appears gradually and it is the most common type. It is important for these people to avoid the provoking factors. Unstable angina is less predictable. It can appear with no reason. It can appear while one rests. That is why this type is more dangerous. Stable angina can develop into unstable.