I have had intense itching from the gall bladder laser scar since my surgery in 2001.  Does anyone know anything to relieve this?

Itching due to laser scars are quite common and generally easy to work with.  There are a number of anti-itch lotions and creams that you can buy over the counter.  Look for products that contain menthol, camphor, phenol, pramoxine (caladryl, tronolane), diphenhydramine (benadryl) or benzocaine.  These are great itch reducers and can be used over and over again even if you need to apply them every few moments initially.  Essentially what they do is numb nerve endings and this keeps you from scratching allowing the skin to heal properly.  I heard that baking soda can help if you need a quick fix now.  I haven't used it but most people have baking soda in the house so it couldn't hurt to try it.  Just make a thick paste of baking soda and water and spread that on your scar.  Repeat when needed.  I've heard that the itching stops right away. 

You can apply these products over and

over -- every few minutes if needed. These preparations help numb the nerve endings and stop you from a frenzy of scratching, which leaves the skin raw, sore, and even itchier.