hi,

for the last few years i've been suffering from peeling, raw, red, sore, and painful fingertips. it occurs off and on all year long, even in the summer. in the wintertime my fingers get really dry and the skin tends to crack and rip off. i can't get dressed, put, on shoes or socks, jeans or a tshirt or sweatshirt wihtout it being painful and skin getting caught in the fabric and ripping off. during the hot, humid summer it just peels right off. as i said this has been happenig on and off for years. it went away during this fall, then starting coming back. the past few weeks has been the worst it has ever been.

i can't touch anything. i wear these soft gloves that are suppose to help retain moisture. they haven't really done that but they are at least helping me be ab;le to use my hands. i am wearing them right now as i'm typing, otherwise this would hurt my fingers. it is awful. it is seriously affeccting my life. i can't play football with my friends, get dressed in the morning, eat food with my hands and tons of other things. i went out to dinner on new years eve and couldn't even eat a roll because i couldn't break it with my hands since the outer part was crusty. i went out for a few drinks last night. after 2 1/2 hours my fingers were so red, raw and sore that i could barely put my sweatshirt on. i obviously can't wear these gloves all the time because th ey are slightly awkward to have on in public. i wear them all the time at home so i can at least use my hands to do things. this is extremely stressful, embarrassing, painful, and is just seriously messing up my life.

i have seen numerous dermotologists, been prescribed tons of creams and ointments and nothing is ultimately working. the hard part about seeing a doctor is that sometimes when i do i don't have the symptoms right then so its hard to show. getting my hands wet sucks because the skin just keeps peeling off, so washing my hands or washing dishes is awful. so is showering. sometimes i i have to dry myself off by holding the towel with my knuckles because it hurts to use my hands. this problem is driving my crazy. i'm sick of doctors giving me a cream or saying they can't do anything and i just need to use lotion and all that. i use only special creams and soaps. i have spent so miuch money over the years dealing with this and it does not get any better. as you can see i am extremely irritated with this issue. i am entering the army when i graduate in may and will be an infantry officer, so i use my hands a lot. this problem gets in the way of my life and my soon-to-be career.

please help, i am desperate for some answers. if anyone can help me solve this problem from personal opinion or personal experience, i would really appreciate it. i'im tired of dermotologists saying to use lotions and whatnot, and not giving me answers. hopefully i've made it apparent how extremely serious this issue has gotten. i appreciate your time and help. thank you

What you are experiencing is something called skin tags they are very painful and can get infected if ripped off. I have these as well and I find by apply an oil free lotion to the area helps reduce them by at least 90%

I think perhaps you can go get rolls of finger tape and just tape then around your fingertips to prevent them from ripping or getting damaged, that way you dont even have to use the gloves. Also, you should put on lotion and then the gloves so the gloves will keep the lotion on your fingers : )

I to have been suffering from these symptoms curious if your skin starts to peel right at fingertips??? Mine keeps getting worse to and drs. do the same creams that dont help. Have you found out anything about this????

I have the same issue. It's very painful. I just started using liquid bandages on my fingers. It seems to ease the pain and makes it easier to use my hands.

This is all hapenning to me , i know the direct cause of it in my case wich is amphetamine pills. I made it very well in my life , worked hard to get to the point i am today , i dont drink alcool or smoke ,like everybody i have my secret wich is that addiction a few months a year . Nobody ever talk about that or maybe a chemical used inside of it since it can be anything with a skull head label on it (-; might help , might not at least i know the cause and its 100% reversible. Been doing this for a few yrs already

help for question

My sister has this problem. Her hands are so bad. They say it is psoriosis and excema. The have her taking shos once a week that cost $2000 a piece. These seem to have made it worse. I don't think most dostors or people really understand how painful and dibilitating this is. The only thing we found out by accident was that the pain drug Darvicet would clear it up. As long as she stay on it regularly, it stayed away. if she missed a few days it would come back. She took Darvicet with good results for several years, but the quit making it about a year ago. The only thing that they have comparable is Vicoden. Vicoden does not work like Darvacet and her hands ave been worse than ever, especially after they gave her the shots. She did however, notice that if she missed more that 2 days of the Vicoden it got worse. Most doctors have acted like she was crazy when she told them this. Thank goodness for the docter that believed her and prescribed the Darvicet for years. He is at a loss now too. I hope something can be done for all of you suffering!

I have been experiencing the same symptoms now for a few months, nothing is working and my fingers are cracking and very painful, I quit using latex gloves (I started a new job and used latex gloves untill I noticed my fingers drying and flaking....)sinse quit using the latex doesn't seem to
be going away........

You might want to get your blood ANA level to test for autoimmune disease. My fingertips were swollen and sore and peeling a lot. I found out I have an autoimmune disease.

I could be arthritis, my husband has that and goes thru the same symptoms often with his hands fingers and especially his toes

Hi! I've had the exact same problem my whole life and the worst part is going to work!! But I found this lotion and before u stop reading it's not just a lotion I've gone through all the cream lotions meds all that this lotion works and I'm so happy to share it! It's called gold bond ultimate skin therapy cream healing packed with 7 moisturizers aloe and this is the most important part NON OIL! The oily one doesn't work, don't ask me why! But I put a TON on at night like 4 layers I mean my hands were COVERED in it! And I put abnormal amount on throughout the day and it went away within a week and I used it for a month or 2 everyday then stopped and when it came back like 6 months later I started using the lotion right away and it went away! I REALLY HOPE THIS WORKS FOR ALL OF U!!