Hello! I am Marry and I am 47 years old. I am afraid of glaucoma, because my friend which is same age as I, got glaucoma. I want to know are there different stages of glaucoma and how I can discover that I have it. This is very important to me and I hope that you answer me this. Thanks in advance!

Hello! I can understand that you are concerned for your health. The bad news is that you will need to practice regular tests for glaucoma, because this disease usually appears without any signs. I can tell you that in first place, you will have some strange pressure in the eyes and probably headaches. As time passing buy, your vision field will be smaller and smaller. Your eyes can be red too.

Hi there,
The fact is that glaucoma is age related condition an the most cases are caused by age. As long as I know there are no specific stages of glaucoma, just usual early stage, moderate or advance stage and acute glaucoma. However the only thing that is important here that the early stage is the easiest to treat, and the acute glaucoma will cause adverse symptoms but it is treatable as well. If you think that you might have this you should better see your doctor and have an eye exam in order to prevent any complications with the eyes. I hope that this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco