I would like to know what are the syptom og glucoma. I have been having sever headache for five day and the doctors can tell so i am doing some check myself as the pains goes into my eyes aswell

Hi there! Are you having problems with your eye-sight as well?
Your symptoms may indicate acute angle-closure glaucoma because chronic glaucoma is usually symptomless and not noticeable until your sight is severely damaged. No wonder it is called "the silent thief of sight".
These two form of glaucoma are the major ones. Like I already said, chronic glaucoma causes no symptoms or warning signs. It gradually impairs peripheral sight and by the time you experience problems, the damage has already been made. It affects people older than 35. How old are you?
An acute attack of angle-closure glaucoma is a medical emergency and requires an immediate visit to ophthalmologist. What kind of doctor did you see by the way?
Acute glaucoma is presented with sudden symptoms of eye pain, headaches, dilated pupils, vision loss, red eyes, nausea and vomiting. These signs may last for a few hours, then return again for another round. You may also have blurred vision, difficulty adapting to darkness, haloes around lights. Of course not all symptoms will be present.
It is very important to treat glaucoma, because it can cause blindness

hi i'm 28 years old this year, this 2007 i've been diabetic since the age of 12. Last year about November 06', i've seen an eye specialist at the time he told me I was doing well and there were no signs of diabetes in my eyes, so 6 months later I go see another eye doctor who than says i have signs of diabetes in my right eye. Just this morning I went to see a nurse regarding this headache and all the symptoms of glucoma, so i'm waiting to see another eye doctor and i'm scared and wondering if i can have laser surgery to correct this if it's an early detection?????? :(

Dear Jane23,
Could u pls kindly advise how to treat glucoma?
Since I was just being told that I am having first stage of glucoma, any advise how to slowing down the blindness?

Hi. I was just told I have the beginning stages of glucoma. I've also had headaches n severe pains on the left side of my head. My mother had maculate deteriation. I think that's what its called. Is there anything I can do?

I was first told of possibly having glucoma at age 19. I was referred to a black optamologist..who assured me that everything was alright..well 20 something years later I am being treated for glucoma..I was told at 19 not to worry black people optive nerve is automatically larger than whites.  have had two surgeries on both eyes..one to open the drain hole and the other was to eleminate the use of drops well it didnt last long I was back on drops within 3 months and my doctor wants to do it again well not on these eyes...I take drops nightly and they help keep my pressure down...but when its up my head hurts bad